2019 Toyota RAV4 redesign
The 2018 New York Auto Show at the end of March was full of vehicle releases, but maybe one of the most significant was the debut of the all-new 2019 RAV4. Toyota’s best-selling crossover SUV benefits from a complete redesign for 2019 and receives new powertrains, high-tech features, a new body design and much more. Here is a quick summary of all the updates:
- The RAV4 switches from using the C-HR’s platform to a long wheel-base version used on the Camry. The result is a lower and wide RAV4 with a longer wheelbase.
- New powertrains including a Dynamic Force 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with an 8-speed automatic for gasoline-powered models. Hybrid models also get a version of this engine with an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission.
- An all-new Dynamic Torque Vectoring all-wheel drive system with rear Driveline Disconnect.
- New exterior color options and an all-new XSE Hybrid trim.
- Completely redesigned interior with a generous array of premium features, including an Entune 3.0 multimedia system, Verizon Wi-Fi Connect, Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay. All new safety technologies including lane tracing assist, dynamic radar cruise control, lane departure alert with steering assist and automatic high beam.
Read More: What is the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim?
When will the 2019 Toyota RAV4 be released?
The good news is car shoppers won’t have to wait too long to get their hands on the all-new 2019 Toyota RAV4. In fact, gasoline-powered models are expected to go on sale in fall of this year. Car shoppers will have to wait a little bit longer for the Hybrid model, which will debut in early 2019.
In the meantime, stay tuned for more details on the all-new RAV4 as more information becomes available in the coming months. From all of us at Le Mieux Toyota & Son, thanks for reading!